The pharmacy @ The Medical Center is pleased to support Every Kid Healthy Week April 22-26, 2019. This week brings attention to the great efforts schools are making to improve student health and wellness. There is a link between healthy students and nutrition, physical activity, and learning. Why? Because healthy kids are better prepared to learn.Everyone in the country can get involved and be a part of the solution to help support sound nutrition, regular physical activity and health-promoting programs in schools.
Schools across the US are joining the celebration by holding school health events such as fun runs, field days, taste tests with new & nutritious foods and much more. Communities are also getting involved with volunteers sharing their expertise in cooking, healthy eating, gardening and fitness. Together we can all make a difference in the healthy lives of our children.
Healthy children = Happy children
5 Healthy Habits you and your children can start today
- Hold a family yard work day. Rake, pull weeds, plant flowers.
- Limit screen time. Health experts suggest no more than 2 hours of daily TV and screen time
- Plant a kitchen garden with herbs and veggies.
- Celebrate special occasions with activity- a frisbee match, hiking or cycling
- When running errands by car, park further from your destination and count steps with your children. Beat that number next time
Our pharmacy team is pleased to serve as an integral part of your family’s health care team. Whether you need first aid supplies, over the counter medications for any number of common ailments ,we are here for you. Don’t forget, we provide free parking right in front of the hospital. See you soon!